H Maria - Where's the runway?

( https://www.tomnod.com/campaign/campaign_2128/map/1scuxfy3l )

Nice plane out front, but can’t see a runway for miles!

:open_mouth: you lost the runway . . . how careless . . . get back there and find it :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :sweat_smile:

Actually I did try to have a look for it for you but that campaign is so slow for me now, by the time I found it I’d crashed the computer :sob: before I managed to copy the link to it :confounded:

But there is one there way down south of your link somewhere…at least I think it was :confused: :grin:

Definite nice plane-appears to be a large yard ornament. We have a guy up north of here about 45miles who has a Korean era jet fighter in his side yard. He flew one in the war. Cannot see anything close to site as the program keeps freezing up. Whimper.

There’s another “yard ornament” further down:

( https://www.tomnod.com/campaign/campaign_2128/map/1scuxey38 )

Moderator’s Edit:: Don’t forget to put parentheses around URLs. Without them, your URLs default to the main tomnod link.

Thank you! I forgot!

How do people get such collectables home in the first place :thinking: Do they take the wings off and tie them to the roof then drive along the motorway :rofl:
Then re-assemble them in their back yard :laughing:

Yup! :wink::grinning:

On a really bumpy road, the pilot sings:

Put your right wing up
Put your left wing up
Put your tail straight out
Now let’s shake it all about
Do the Hokey Pokey
As we drive this plane along
And sing a children’s song!

I think Cagey’s been hitting the catnip again! :smile_cat:

I think you’ve both been on the catnip, you’ve had me in stitches this morning :rofl:

Right! I’m off to this pottery class before you lot hold me up any longer 'cos I won’t be fit drive for laughing :joy:

Definite yard ornament. was there in before shot.

Yep. This guy up north of here bought it from the National Guard and took it apart, loaded it on a 20’ trailer and brought it home in three loads and then assembled it. His wife wasn’t thrilled with it but him and all the local guys loved it as an object to sit around and drink beer on a summer evening.

And here was me thinking it was being used as a novelty road side cafe for the tourists :laughing: