Trying to reach Trust Level 3

I’ve read what I need to do to reach Trust Level 3 (see, and I’ve tried to be active during the last months, but so far I haven’t reached my goal.

@Mel_Nod - I’d like to know how “days” are defined - does it go by GMT/UTC, the local time in Colorado, or something else? Being an Orthodox Jew, I turn off my laptop on Friday afternoon, and don’t turn it on until Saturday evening at the earliest (Israeli time). If I want to log my own activity, I need to know things like that.

Btw, it is impossible for me to get a badge like “Devotee”, as I must visit Tomnod Forum 365 days in a row, and at least one Jewish Holiday every year stretches over two days, so I will be off-line during those two days.

Btw, I see that there is a Badge called “Certified”, that you get when you’ve “completed our new user tutorial”, but there is no link to that tutorial. Where may I find it? There is an “advanced user tutorial” too, but as no-one has gotten that “Licensed” badge, I guess that no-one has found a link to that one yet.

TIP: Do you know about Forum Badges?

These are great questions! I never thought about a religion’s effects on getting badges.

Mel will need to look at the Devotee Badge to see how and if she can tweak that; whatever she might do would affect everyone, unless she can manually grant it to you.

As far as I know, there is no “User Tutorial” or an advanced one. Shrug.

Of the ones to get Lvel 3, for you… This is 50% of 100days, not consecutive though.

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*

Others here can help you get the likes… but, just post more often to make it really easy for others to help. As to the other items above, (like viewing / reading), I’d just view / read everything you can when you visit. This does seem based on 100 days, but again, not consecutive, and just 25% of the lot in that time.

must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator) X not you

must not have been suspended X not you

Let us know the day you want to Start, so folks can be watching for your posts and :heart: you to the moon and back. :smiley:

I’m starting today! :slight_smile:

Kewl and I gave the first :heart:.

Let’s all try to help Shaul reach the goal!

By the way, many of us got our “heart” goals and “read post” goals by just opening each thread and liking every post… open next thread and go through those… etc. You’ll just fill up the “liked” list we see when we come online each day— like away!

Well there must be/have been an “interactive new user tutorial” as there are 9 members listed as having the “Certified” badge :thinking: And they were gained this year, the most recent being 28 days ago. But I’ll be darned if I know where to find it confused6 I’m getting the feeling this tutorial is new…as in this year because the 9 who’ve gained it only joined this year . . . and we’re not :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I do have a vague recollection of completing some sort of introductory “tutorial” or something and getting a badge for it, but I’m not a hundred percent certain but I don’t have that badge. :slightly_frowning_face:

If I were to manage visiting the forum 365 days in a row, I think my hubby and kids would divorce me :fearful: or have me certified :cold_sweat:

Devotee:- ‘This badge is granted for visiting 365 consecutive days. Wow, an entire year!’

Joking apart, wouldn’t that just mean being logged onto the forum every day, regardless of whether you actually read or contribute to any posts?
Now that just wouldn’t be possible for me as I don’t possess a mobile device capable of being connected 24/7. Maybe that badge is for server Johnny :smiley:

Good luck Shaul; I’ve given you a few :heart:'s too :grin:

Hm. I suddenly got the “Regular” badge… I don’t know how, but it happened! v:-)

Cos… it’s like pregnancy. LOL You just didn’t know… Congrats!

Thanks for your help!

Now, only the badge questions to @Mel_Nod remains.

N.B. I moved the discussion on Badges to the thread More Badges questions, at

Hello again @Shaul!
We talked about Devotee in the other thread - thanks for bringing that up.

I had never thought about Discourse time zone before. I looked into it a bit, and although there are some confusing things about the way things are set up, it appears to be in UTC.